One Bill Global, abbreviated OBG, is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We act in accordance with the requirements of the various privacy and data protection laws applicable in the countries or markets where we operate.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use and share Personal Data pertaining to our customers, OBG Advisors, job applicants and office and Website visitors (collectively, “you” and “your) and explains the rights you have regarding our use of your Personal data. Please take into account that not all sections may be equally relevant or applicable to you depending on circumstances. For instance, if you are an office visitor, Section 10 “Your Marketing Choices” in principle does not apply to you because we typically do not send office visitors direct marketing messages.
Please ensure you read this Privacy Notice carefully before using our Website or Apps and/or providing us with your Personal Data.
2 Who we are and how to contact us?
One Bill Global NV and its affiliates and subsidiaries are an international group of companies offering services through a network of independent distributors (‘OBG-Advisors‘).
Depending on who you are, your Personal data are processed by different entities of OBG and/or for different purposes. You will find here the list of the OBG entities acting as data controllers responsible for processing your Personal Data, please contact the Privacy Team if you have questions or concerns, want to update your Personal Data, or to exercise your rights as described below.
3 What personal data do we collect
Personal Data that we collect, and how we collect it, depends on how you interact with us. For instance, if you are one of our customers, we may collect different types of data compared to when you are an OBG Advisor. We have included a generic outline of our data collection and processing activities below. However, if you wish to consult our interaction-specific data processing activities, and processing purposes, please refer to our “How we use your Personal Data” list, this list includes details of processing activities per data subject category.
3.1 Categories of Personal data
General categories of Personal Data that we collect are:
- Contact information: such as name, title, address, email address and telephone number;
- Biographical information: such as gender, birth date, nationality, photograph or videos containing your image, occupation and information about family life (excluding special categories of data) including family, children, hobbies and interests;
- Identification information: such as passport number, permanent resident identification number, social security number, and any other identification details and documents and photocopies of the aforesaid identification documents, to the extent permissible under applicable laws;
- Registration data: such as newsletter requests, event/incentive trips registrations, subscriptions, downloads, and username/passwords, data requested in sign-up or registration forms, and related information such as feedback and survey responses;
- Billing and financial information: such as bank account details, credit/debit cards details, copy of bank account statement and any information or data required to verify and/or process payment transactions;
- Product information- and service information: such as your purchase history, details of products we have sold to you, product returns, preferred products and services;
- Details regarding your use of OBG IT-systems and equipment when you are an OBG Advisor.
- Other data: any other Personal Data you voluntarily provide to us. For instance, when you provide us with Personal Data of your family members when completing our online form that contains a dedicated field for this purpose, or when you contact our customer service.
3.2 Personal Data we collect from you and why
3.2.1 As a customer
- When you create an OBG account, we will collect, or ask you to provide your contact information, some biographical information and other relevant information, and your communication preferences;
- When you purchase OBG products or services via OBG, we will collect, or ask you to provide your contact information, some biographical information and other relevant information, and your communication preferences;
- When you register to our newsletter and/or to one of our online services, we will collect, or ask you provide your contact information and other relevant information including registration data, and your communication preferences.
- When you use our OBG customer app, we will ask you to provide information relevant to the app.
- When you otherwise interact with OBG, for instance by contacting our customer service. In this case, we will collect the Personal Data you provide to us at your own initiative and any Personal Data we need to help resolve your query.
3.2.2 As OBG-Advisor
- When you sign up to become an OBG-Advisor, we will collect, or ask you to provide your financial and business information and other relevant information which may include identification information and additional biographical information.
- When you register to our newsletter and/or to one of our online services, we will collect, or ask you provide your contact information and other relevant information including registration data, and your communication preferences;
- When you register to attend one of our events/incentive trips, we will collect, or ask you to provide you and your guest’s contact and identification information, and other relevant information including biographical information, registration data, billing and financial information;
- When you use our OBG Advisor app, we will also ask you to provide information relevant to the App.
- When you report an adverse event case, we will collect, or ask you to provide your contact information, and information regarding the adverse event you suffered which may contain health data;
- When you use our company IT systems or equipment, we may collect data related to your use of such equipment;
- When you otherwise interact with OBG,for instance by reaching out to us through various communication channels. In this case, we will collect the Personal Data you provide to us at your own initiative and any Personal Data we need to help resolve a query.
3.2.3 As a Job Applicant
- When you apply for a job with us, we will ask you for information relevant to your application such as your name, contact details, employment history and educational background.;
- When you otherwise interact with OBG, for instance by reaching out to us through various communication channels. In this case, we will collect the Personal Data you provide to us at your own initiative and any Personal Data we need to help resolve a query.
3.2.4 As an Office Visitor
- When you visit one of our buildings, we may collect information that we need to identify you and complete necessary security checks, such as your name and the name of your company.
3.2.5 As visitor of a website
- When you visit our Website or use our Apps, we automatically collect, store and use technical information about your equipment and interaction with our Website and Apps (General Information). This General Information is sent from your computer or personal device to us using a variety of cookies and other technical means. Some web browsers may transmit (do-not-track) signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our websites do not respond to these (do-not-track) signals.
It is not mandatory for you to provide your Personal Data to us. However, we may not carry out the purposes described above if you choose not to provide us with your personal data.
3.3 Your obligations
We expect that you only communicate Personal Data about yourself to us. If you also communicate Personal Data about other people to us, then you must ensure that you comply with any legal obligations that may apply to your provision of the information to us, and to allow us, where necessary, to use, process and transfer that information. In particular, and subject to local applicable laws, if you use a credit card not issued to you, you confirm that the credit cardholder has consented to the use of his/her credit card in relation to your purchase and has agreed that OBG may collect, use and disclose his/her Personal Data for the purpose of processing your purchase.
We also expect that the Personal Data that you communicate to us are correct and that, if your Personal Data requires updating, you will promptly inform us.
3.4 Personal Data we collect from third parties
Most of the Personal Data that we collect about you will be information that you provide to us directly. In some circumstances we may also receive Personal Data about you from: en van:
- Individuals who provide us with your Personal Data (e.g. your family members)
- Regulatory bodies
- Other companies providing services to us.
Some of these third-party sources may include publicly available sources of information.
OBG does not direct the sale of its products or services to children, nor does it allow its OBG Advisor to be underage.
Minors may use the OBG Website only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
We do not knowingly collect or otherwise process any Personal Data from children under the age of 18 and do not direct our services, Website or Apps to children under the age of 18. If you believe a child for which you are responsible provided Personal Data to us, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will work with you to find a solution to re-mediate this.
If you register your child to an OBG event or incentive trip, we process your child’s Personal Data for attending the event or incentive trip. If the event requires processing of your child’s special category data, we will request your explicit consent.
4 How we use your personal data
We process your Personal Data based on the following legal grounds, as permitted by applicable law: (i) to fulfill our obligations under a contract with you, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, (ii) to comply with a legal obligation, (iii) when it is in our legitimate business interest to use your Personal Data, or (iv) based on your consent. Our legitimate interests include operating, evaluating and improving our organization; preventing and protecting us and others against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and ensuring compliance with company policies and industry standards. For companies like One Bill Global that have global business operations, processing your Personal Data for internal administrative purposes is typically also considered a legitimate interest. As required under law, we have carefully balanced our legitimate business interests against your data protection rights. Please contact the Privacy Team Privacy Team if you wish to obtain more information on this balancing test.
Our use of your Personal Data depends on who you are and how you interact with us. Click here for a list of the ways we use your Personal Data, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so.
We will only process special categories of Personal Data (e.g., race or ethnicity; health-related data) in exceptional circumstances and where we have a legal basis to do so (e.g., your explicit consent).
If you have questions about how we collect and use your Personal Data, please contact on Privacy Team.
5 Sharing and transferring your personal data
5.1 Sharing Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to:
- other OBG entities, including directors, employees, agents and representatives for operational, management, administrative, supervisory or evaluative or educational purposes.
- lawyers, auditors, financial advisors, and other third party service providers in connection with their services to OBG.
- suppliers and service providers including but not limited to shipping and delivery services providers, telecommunication services providers, payment services providers, event organizers, travel agencies and insurance companies;
- a third party if OBG sells all or part of its assets to such third party or merges with or is acquired by the third party;
- any applicable regulatory, statutory, governmental or other relevant authorities, agencies or bodies and industry regulators, and any other person to whom OBG is compelled, required or permitted to do so by law, rules or regulations, legal process or litigation;
- any person pursuant to any order of a court of competent jurisdiction or comparable legal process..
In addition, if you are an OBG Advisor or a customer, we may transfer your Personal Data to your upline OBG Advisor and/or sponsor when we determine it necessary to ensure proper upline support or for OBG Advisor educational purposes.
In such circumstances, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party recipients have implemented reasonable security mechanisms to protect your Personal Data. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for own direct marketing purposes.
5.2 Transferring Personal Data
We transfer Personal Data to other jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as the jurisdiction in which your Personal Data was originally collected.
When we transfer your Personal Data to other countries or jurisdictions, we protect that data as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. Where required under applicable law, we will put in place binding contractual obligations with the data recipient to safeguard your data protection rights. Furthermore, we will notify any data transfer and/or data transfer mechanisms to the competent Supervisory Authority where required under applicable law.
6 How we protect your Personal Data?
We protect your Personal Data and implement physical, technical and organizational security measures to protect it against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
In particular, we operate data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. We also use transport layer security (TLS) to protect the transmission of your Personal Data. Access to this information will be provided only to authorised individuals for a legitimate business purpose.
In addition, access to your Personal Data is restricted to staff and service providers on a need-to-know basis.
While we endeavour to always protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure, because of the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be safe from intrusion by others.
If you have questions about how we collect and use your Personal Data, please contact the Privacy Team on.
6.1 How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We hold on to your Personal Data for as long as necessary to achieve the processing purposes listed above under ‘Personal Data we collect from you and why’. This means, for instance, that we no longer store your Personal Data when our (contractual) relationship with you ends, unless further storage is permitted or required under applicable law.
7 What are your rights regarding your Personal Data?
You have certain rights regarding how we use and keep your Personal Data. These are:
- Rectification. You have the right to require that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you is amended;
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Data that we process about you under specific conditions;
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was based on your consent prior to withdrawal. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
- Access. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to access and request a copy of the Personal Data we are processing about you, which we will provide to you in electronic form and/or in writing, or verbally where allowed by applicable laws. Where permissible under applicable laws, we may charge you a reasonable fee for this access request;
- Restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data under specific conditions.
- Portability. You have the right to request that we transmit the Personal Data we hold in respect of you to you or to another data controller under specific conditions;
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim. Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing, including for profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your Personal Data for such purposes.
You can exercise the above rights, where applicable by contacting the Privacy Team. We will respond to any of your requests to exercise these above data subject rights within the period prescribed by applicable laws. At our discretion, we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. This is to ensure that your Personal Data is disclosed only to you. We may not be able to appropriately handle your request if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Data that we need to handle your request. If you are not satisfied with the way we handled your request, or for violations of applicable data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint or file a claim with a competent Supervisory Authority (for example, with the Supervisory Authority in your country or market of residence).
8 Your marketing choices
You can control whether to receive direct marketing from us (e.g., which we may send through electronic means, such as promotional emails). In certain markets, you will need to provide us with your consent before receiving marketing. For instance, we may ask you to tick a box indicating to ‘receive promotional emails’ when you sign up as a new customer or OBG-Advisor. In all markets, you can choose not to receive such communications at any time. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact the Privacy Team Privacy Team.
10 Changes to the privacy notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes by posting those changes here or by notifying you through other appropriate communication channels we generally use with you. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be considered effective immediately after the changes are posted on this Website unless otherwise indicated. The Privacy Notice was last revised on September 3, 2019.
One Bill Global HQ
1831 Diegem, Belgium